We are passionate about using pure, best quality ingredients, to achieve great taste. Recipes are planned based on what is in season and fresh.
We are dedicated to using ingredients that are fresh, wholesome, safe to eat and locally sourced. Our ingredients contain certified organic ingredients.
What does organic really mean?
Organic is an agricultural production method that emphasizes renewable resources and the conservation of soil and water. It prohibits the use of genetically engineered seeds or crops. Organic also prohibits chemical pesticides, herbicides and fungicides. Organic does not allow irradiation, genetically modified ingredients (GMOs) or synthetic preservatives.
Again our ingredients contain certified organic ingredients.
- No trans fats!
- No hydrogenated oils!
- No GMOs!
- Free from pesticides and other dangerous chemicals!
- Pure and simple ingredients---made with love.
List of ingredients we use:
- Flour: all our flour is milled from 100% certified organic wheat.
- Other grains:
- Organic rolled oats—helps remove cholesterol.
- Organic whole organic wheat berries—great fiber source.
- Wheat germ—excellent source of vitamin E and folic acid.
- Organic corn meal-- 100% stone ground.
- Organic Dairy: all unsalted cream fresh butter, eggs and milk products are organic. The cows are free range and raised humanely. They are fed a vegetarian diet free from hormones and antibiotics. Happy cows!
- Organic pure cane sugar—raw sugar retains natural vitamins and minerals.
- Organic brown sugar—the molasses content in brown sugar retain essential minerals.
- Organic turbinnado—raw sugar that is crystallized in the initial pressing of the organic sugar cane.
- Organic powdered sugar—how would we make frostings without it?
- Other sweeteners:
- Organic Honey--sourced from local bee keepers. Let’s save the bees!
- Organic Molasses—rich in iron, potassium and calcium.
- Organic Pure maple syrup—healthy heart sweetener.
- Pure organic agave nectar—this is a low glycemic sweetener. No sugar rush when agave nectar is used.
- 100% organic fresh squeezed orange juice— rich in vitamin C. Adds flavor and sweetness.
- Organic almonds—healthy and high in protein, fiber and calcium.
- Organic cashews—contains less fat than any other nut.
- Organic Hazelnuts—good source of energy.
- Organic Pecans—nutrient rich with earthy flavor
- Pinenuts (Pinole)—have the highest protein of any nut.
- Organic Peanuts—really a legume not a nut. Full of minerals.
- Organic Pistachios—rich in amino acids, vitamin A, and beta carotene.
- Soy nuts—high in protein, heart healthy food.
- Organic walnuts—excellent source of omega-3 essential fatty acids.
- Dried fruits: high in fiber and antioxidants.
- We use a varied assortment of organic dried fruits including; apricots, blueberries, cherries, cranberries, crystallized organic ginger, currants, coconut, dates, plums, prunes, seedless raisins made from white and red grapes, and raspberries.
- Flax seed—an amazing food! Healthy source of omega 3 and fiber.
- Sesame seeds—an ancient seed. High in protein and good for the heart.
- Sunflower seeds—full of vitamins and minerals.
- Chocolate: A feel good food!
- Organic chocolate is produced without the use of harmful artificial chemicals. We choose to use organic and or fair trade chocolates.
- Coffee: we use an organically grown, fair trade fresh brewed espresso for our coffee flavoring.
- Other flavorings:
- Organic vanilla extract from Madacasgar.
- Organic almond extract.
- Organic finest spices--cinnamon, clove, ginger, nutmeg, mace.
- Fresh squeezed lemon and orange juice and zest.
- Organic Fresh fruits and vegetables:
- All our fresh fruit and vegetables are 100% certified organic. As we approach spring and summer, we will replace our dried fruit with the freshest locally grown organic seasonal produce.
- Salts: we are loving things sweet and salty.
- We use “fleur de sel “= ”flower of the sea”. Hand harvested from the waters off Brittany.
- Cakes / Cupcakes / Brownies
- Gift Baskets
- Muffins and Teabread
- Pie and Tarts